Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Megacity


TASK E : QUESTION (D)

Would you like to live in a megacity? Give as many reasons as you can for your answer.


LIVING IN MEGACITTY
Before skyscrappers were built by Man, and before the city lights were there to light up the roads and buildings, there were already people who tried to make the city they lived in as useful and beautiful as possible. New inventions and technologies were introduced to the world due to this urbanisation desire of Mankind. As for today, we experience the same kind of situation in global. For this, I woud love to live in a megacity in specific, as there are countless advantages that I can get by doing so.
By living in a megacity, I can easily get and catch up with the latest technology. For example, Tokyo, Japan megacity, is always made a place for the exhibition and marketing for the latest sophisticated technology such as cars, audio devices, portable gadgets and also computers. This will make my life more comfortable and will keep me in touch with the people and their culture all around the globe.
The next reason for me to choose megacity as a place that I would love to live in is because I can get so much that the urban life has got to offer, amusement. Big well-known cities like Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai and London, would never be ever so famous as they are today without the enjoyable fun that they have got to offer to the world. I can live my life as happy as I can, having my night life being spent and filled with joy and laughter. Plus, I can get to experience lavish lifestyle, the way the well-off people do in Hollywood and Vegas.
As we all know, in order for one to get known and famous, migrating to a big city and living the city life is a base for that dream to come true. Movie stars, Models, big bands and film directors are all introduced to the public once they enter the urban life. As for me, I also would love to be well known and notorious the way I enjoy the most which is to form a rock band. In the U.S., based in the big cities in specific, there were countless bands successfully introduced to the world. This is because it is easier to get the needed facilities in big developed cities, compared to the less modern rural area.
So, living in a megacity is indeed a pleasure for me to achieve one day. There are lots of fun and benefits too from experiencing the city life. If I were given an opportunity, I would love to leave for New York or perhaps Hollywood where I can enjoy my life the most there.

No comments:

Post a Comment